According to the 2011 Global Retail Theft Barometer, the most theft-prone items in today’s retail environment are apparel and accessories. Until now, a light weight anti-theft tag to protect expensive and fragile fabrics such as silk, rayon and linen, was nonexistent. To address this challenge, Tyco Retail Solutions developed an innovative magnetic sensor to safeguard specialty apparel including lingerie, blouses, scarves, sarees, and bathing suits - products that are prone to damage from standard Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) tag pins and sensor weight.
Unlike anything else on the market today, Tyco Retail Solutions’ new delicate tag protects merchandise such as lingerie, bathing suits, silk scarves, etc. prone to damage from standard EAS tag pins and sensor weight.
Unlike anything else on the market today, the new tag is specifically designed to help retailers secure theft prone, high priced garments that previously could not be protected with traditional EAS hard tags. The tag’s small form factor, light weight and fine pin design are critical for preventing damage to delicate items, while ensuring the trusted protection of genuine Sensormatic acousto-magnetic (AM) technology. With this ground-breaking tag, retailers can showcase high-end merchandise confidently and improve conversion rates on high-margin products that now can be put on display.
Key Retailer Benefits Include:
- No Merchandise Damage — Secures categories previously unprotected while reducing product damage
- Discrete Protection – Weighs less than 5g, nearly 50% lighter than standard apparel security tags
- Maximum Merchandising Flexibility – Low tag profile allows for easier stacking of garments
- Innovative Design – Non-slip pad and ultra-thin safety pin type tack provide added security and help prevent garment damage from merchandising and typical tag usage
- Aesthetic Value – Minimal visual impact due to smaller size and neutral color
- Compatibility – Works with standard Sensormatic magnetic tag detachers
- High Quality Design – Suitable for most fine fabrics
With over 45 years of leadership in retail security, we recognize the challenge our retail customers face in providing damage-free protection for their delicate, high-value merchandise. Unlike other sensors on the market today, our new light weight, low profile anti-theft tag safeguards delicate apparel that previously could not be protected with traditional hard tags.
Filed under Keywords department store; EAS; electronic article surveillance; hard tag; shoplifting; shrink; tags
Published on 10/25/2013 Permalink