Introduction of innovative new RFID-based applications for Traffic, Inventory and Display Execution drive customer adoption worldwide
NEUHAUSEN, Switzerland—December 12, 2013—Tyco Retail Solutions (www.tycoretailsolutions.com), a leading global provider of retail performance and security solutions, today announced the company has completed another successful year. As the retail industry undergoes technology-driven transformation, Tyco Retail Solutions continued to deliver innovative new software and hard tag offerings that enable retailers to maximize profits and enhance the shopper experience. Those efforts were recognized across the industry with a number of new customer wins and numerous industry awards.
Among the most significant 2013 milestones, Tyco Retail Solutions expanded its inventory intelligence solutions with targeted RFID applications to create more value for retail customers. Record revenue was achieved for its global source tagging program with five percent growth and more than 15 Visible Source Tagging (VST) hard tag customers. The company was the first to protect over one billion consumer apparel items annually for its genuine Sensormatic brand anti-theft source tagging program which underscores Tyco Retail’s leadership position as source tagged goods arrived in more than 10,000 stores across every continent.
- Inventory intelligence solutions gained rapid growth with more than 10 global retailers in over 1,500 stores adopting RFID item-level inventory intelligence solutions to combat mission-critical issues such as poor inventory accuracy.
- Deployed targeted RFID Display Execution applications installed at several retailers. Saks Fifth Avenue was one of several leading retailers to deploy Tyco Retail’s RFID-enabled TrueVUE Inventory Display Execution application for management of footwear departments.
- Tyco Retail’s Traffic Intelligence solution expanded into high growth Asian markets, adopted by retailers Belle International and FJ Benjamin to optimize store performance.
- One of the world's largest fashion retailers continued to expand use of recirculated Sensormatic AM/RFID hard tags with hundreds of millions of tags through an innovative lower cost recirculation model.
- Winner, 2013 Store Operations Superstar Award, Retail TouchPoints, Saks Fifth Avenue RFID-based display execution implementation.
- Winner, 2013 Supply & Demand Chain Executive 100, RFID supply chain program with a major department store retailer.
- Winner, 2013, Green Supply Chain Award, Supply & Demand Chain Executive.
- Released RFID-Based Inventory Display Execution application, the first targeted application through the TrueVUE Platform to help retailers derive value from RFID solutions.
- Expanded sensor portfolio with over 15 new Sensormatic hard tags, including innovative tags for accessories, delicate apparel and high-heel pumps.
- Launched value-based EAS & Traffic Intelligence hosted offering to round out managed services portfolio.
“We closed 2013 on a high note, marked by great performance and outstanding wins with retailers worldwide,” said Nancy Chisholm, Vice President and General Manager, Tyco Retail Solutions. “Over the course of the year, we accelerated our offerings in both security and store performance to complement and enhance each other to better serve the growing needs of our retail customers. We will continue to drive innovative solution development in the year ahead to ensure we help our customers stay ahead of the demands of the market.”
Watch our new video, Tyco Retail Solutions-Driving our Industry Forward.
Filed under Tyco CorporateKeywords EAS; electronic article surveillance; hard tag; inventory intelligence; loss prevention; rfid platform; software; Store Performance; traffic intelligence
Published on 12/10/2013 Permalink