Retailers recognized for store performance and innovation in Loss Prevention and Customer Engagement categories
NEUHAUSEN, Switzerland—(February 14, 2018)—Tyco Retail Solutions acknowledges two of its customers, 7-Eleven and Big Lots, on industry recognition for innovative and successful store operational strategies implemented this past year.
Honored with the Retail TouchPoints Store Operations Superstar Awards, 7-Eleven and Big Lots effectively balanced store operations and the shopper journey across customer touchpoints. In today’s environment, in order to be profitable and stay ahead of the competition, retailers must focus on new digital strategies, unified commerce expectations, employee motivation and retention, and a better, overall customer experience to convert shoppers into buyers.
Retail TouchPoints Store Operations Superstars:
7-Eleven was recognized in the Loss Prevention category for successfully completing a new system rollout of 5,000 stores in North America in less than one year, while all stores remained open for business 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 7-Eleven engaged Tyco Retail Solutions to execute against a four-pillar strategy based on revenue assurance, inventory variation control, incidents and investigations, and safety and asset protection awareness to improve store performance and deliver a consistent, positive shopper experience while also investing in multiple innovative solutions:
- Integrated exception-based reporting and case management systems to fully track incidents
- Real-time digital video solutions with IP cameras to help keep customers and employees safe
- Fire and intrusion systems, with video maintenance and remote monitoring for building security
- Intelligent video solutions to help identify robbery offenders by capturing digital information from electronics in their possession during a crime
- The winner in the Customer Engagement category, Big Lots, was honored for effectively leveraging business intelligence solutions in order to make data-backed decisions and drive success. With more than 1,420 stores in 47 states, the retailer identified an opportunity to increase sales-per-shopper performance with integrated sales and traffic data on the ShopperTrak analytics platform.
- Combining various data sets into a single, customizable platform, they were able to easily identify gaps and capitalize on opportunities. Big Lots became heavily focused on optimizing labor with the presence of associates on the floor.
- Adopting the use of intelligent insights within all levels of the organization through performance scorecards and data dashboards, managers were able to track results and adapt strategies based upon these insights. The business outcomes included highly committed store-level employees who are both results-driven and well equipped to impact store performance.
“Making smart investments in breakthrough technologies is key to the success of store operations and to providing shoppers with a seamless in-store experience. By demonstrating their commitment to innovation and improving the shopper journey, 7-Eleven and Big Lots have earned their spots as influential leaders in the industry,” said Tony D’Onofrio, chief customer officer, Tyco Retail Solutions. “It’s a pleasure to collaborate with retailers that continue to strive for operational excellence, and we look forward to our customers’ future achievements.”
To learn more about these customer award wins and successful store strategies, visit the Retail TouchPoints Store Operations Superstar Awards website and the 7-Eleven Case Study at Tyco Retail Solutions website.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit johnsoncontrols.com or follow @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
About Tyco Retail Solutions
Tyco Retail Solutions, part of Johnson Controls, is a leading provider of analytics-based Loss Prevention, Inventory Intelligence and Traffic Insights for the retail industry. Our solutions deliver real-time visibility and predictive analytics to help retailers maximize business outcomes and enhance the customer experience in a digitally-driven shopping world. Our more than 1.5 million data collection devices in the retail marketplace capture 40 billion shopper visits and track and protect billions of items each year. Our retail portfolio features the premier Sensormatic®, ShopperTrak® and TrueVUE™ brands, as well as a full suite of building technology solutions. For more information, please visit TycoRetailSolutions.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel.
Filed under Business Intelligence; Inventory Visibility; Loss PreventionKeywords business intelligence ; EAS; electronic article surveillance; loss prevention
Published on 2/14/2018 Permalink